Milan
Walsh Global 7
Noah Drlik
The weekend of November 15th through the 17th is one that I will never forget. I got an opportunity to spend those three days in Milan, my favorite city in Italy. Milan has everything, culture, fashion, food, and design. The only downside to Milan would be the weather, but coming from Ohio, the weather was nothing. We went to Milan as a part of a business experience trip. We visited three sites and heard three completely different discussions. We visited Bocconi University, the Milan tourist organization, and had a meeting with one of the owners of Brian & Barry. The first meeting at the university was with a world-famous economist Fabrizio Onida, who gave excellent intuition into trade and finance throughout the world. Professor Onida is a bright man and would be a valuable contact for international business. Our next guided visit in Milan was to the tourist organization, where we were given insight on the city of Milan’s secondary source of income, tourism. It was a good meeting, but it was hard to concentrate on hat the guy was saying because right behind where he was siting was the Duomo. It was a gorgeous view and was very distracting from the speaker. The speaker mainly just talked about how great Milan is compared to every other city in the world, especially Italy. It was not the best meeting but was very informative. The final meeting was by far the best meeting of the trip. We got the pleasure to meet with one of the owners of Brian and Barry, Roberto Zaccardi. He gave us business students great insight on the international business plan that Bryan & Barry uses. We had the meeting with him on the twelve floor of the Brian and Barry palace, with a panoramic view of the city of Milan. The time I got with Mr. Zaccardi is something I will never forget, and I thank him greatly for it. After all the business meetings were finished, we were given free time to explore what is now my favorite city in Italy, Milan. Milan is one of the four main fashion capitals in the world and that was very obvious. Everywhere I looked there was a designer store, and I could not happier. I love clothes and in Milan, I was able to walk throughout the malls and shops and admire at all the high-end clothes. I bought a few things but nothing too crazy, one of my favorite shops was the Starbucks Reserve. It was the biggest Starbucks I have ever been in. There was a line just to get in the building. Once inside the Starbucks, there were people everywhere buying gifts, coffee and food. However, the main attraction of this Starbucks was the giant roaster in the middle of the store. The roaster had to be over twenty feet tall and took up a majority of the store. I could see the coffee beans in the roaster and got to watch them dump the beans in the mixing pot. It was an experience every coffee lover would enjoy. I also visited the Duomo, which is a gothic style church built in the 16thcentury. It is a gorgeous building, that allows for some great views from the top. I bought tickets for a ride to the top of the church and could see the Swiss Alps from one of the corners of the walkway, it was remarkable. This Milan trip was amazing and really made me fall in love with the city, I will defiantly need to make another trip back in my lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment